Latest News and Meetings
Staff meeting to know your rights in case of downsizing, restructuring or other workplace issues
- Published on Thursday, 12 January 2017 10:28
- Is your department downsizing?
- Is your department restructuring or going through a change initiative?
- Do you feel your rights as a staff member have been infringed?
Then please join us for a meeting on this topic, this Thursday, 12 January 2017, from 1.30 to 2.30 p.m. in Room XXII.
Mr. Robbie Leighton, lawyer at the Office of Staff Legal Assistance, will make a presentation and answer questions so that you can know your rights better and understand effective avenues for appeal.
7th meeting of the 34th Staff C. Council
- Published on Wednesday, 04 January 2017 12:02
The Council will meet on Tuesday 10 January 2017 at 1:30 pm in Room IX.
Keep 9 December free for the staff party | Réservez le 9 décembre pour la fête du personnel
- Published on Thursday, 08 December 2016 09:31
Staff party | 1st floor E-Building | Friday 9 December | 7 p.m. to 3 a.m.
Headlining the party this year is the Edwin Sanz Salsa Orchestra, who we guarantee will get you on your toes. Also on stage will be blues soul rock band Zilla Project. And local DJs will play plenty of upbeat music to keep you dancing into the early hours.
Back after last year's success is the karaoke lounge (you may spot some of your colleagues here) with an expanded selection of French, English and Spanish hits from the 60s to today; impress your colleagues with talents you didn’t know you had.
Education grant simulations
- Published on Wednesday, 07 December 2016 08:01
The Staff Council has provided the attached simulations on the impact of the education grant for various scenarios in Geneva. These were explained at the townhall on Thursday 8 December.
Kindly note that the simulations are in dollars and use publicly available information. Actual amounts may vary. The simulations are for indicative purposes.
We spoke up for you at the pension fund townhall - here is what happened next
- Published on Tuesday, 06 December 2016 16:56
Last Friday, the pension fund chairman and CEO came to UNOG to reassure staff that all is well. It involved a verbose presentation of 40 minutes before questions were allowed.
The Council then made a strong statement (http://staffcoordinatingcouncil.org/attachments/article/403/Speech%20at%20UNJSPF%20townhall.pdf) on behalf of staff describing the pain of those retirees who have had to wait to be paid, the lack of clarity on the true size of the backlog of payments, the silence and opaqueness surrounding Fund operations, and the risks to the pension fund arising from the new financial rules.
- Update on administrative offshoring | Informations mises à jour sur la délocalisation administrative
- Entry in force of retirement at 65 | Entrée en vigueur du départ à la retraite à 65 ans
- 6th meeting of the 34th Staff C. Council
- International Photo Club Annual Contest | Concours annuel du Club Photo International
- UN Running Club | Club de course à pied
- Lunch time concert | Concert à midi
- News from SAFI: Gluten/lactose-free products and 13% discount on 27 October | Nouvelles du SAFI : Produits sans gluten et sans lactose et rabais de 13% le 27 octobre
- Football Club | Club de Football
- Good news: available crèche places | Bonne nouvelles: places de crèche disponibles
- Are you paying too much in rent? Do you know your rights as a tenant?, Votre loyer est-il très élevé? Connaissez-vous vos droits en tant que locataire?
- 6th meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Our statement on the Secretary- General legacy | Notre intervention sur l'héritage du Secrétaire général
- Message from the UNOG Staff Coordinating Council Well-being & Health Club - Message du Conseil de coordination du personnel de l'ONUG Club Santé Bien-être
- Staff meeting on new office space, your post adjustment, and improving flexible working arrangements | Réunion générale sur le nouvel espace de bureau, l'indemnité de poste, et l'amélioration des modalités de travail flexibles
- Meeting for staff who cycle or would like to cycle to work - Tuesday 27 September | Réunion pour les fonctionnaires cyclistes ou qui aimeraient le devenir - Mardi 27 septembre
- Sunday afternoon – Jazz party at the UN Beach restaurant | Dimanche après-midi – Jazz party au Club de la plage ONU
- I move for my health | Je bouge pour ma forme (II)
- Staff meeting on offshoring of administrative jobs from Geneva, our pension fund and Swiss nationality | Réunion générale sur la délocalisation des postes administratifs, la Caisse des pensions et la nationalité suisse
- Come and test electric bikes in the Palais grounds | Venez tester le vélo électrique dans l'enceinte du Palais
- Theatre Club starts again on Tuesday 20 September | Le Club de théâtre reprend ses activités le mardi 20 septembre