Latest News and Meetings
Staff position papers on retirement age and placement of Secretary-General's staff | Documents de position sur l’âge de la retraire et le placement du personnel travaillant pour le Secrétaire général
- Published on Friday, 15 July 2016 11:13
In our last broadcast on retirement age we informed you that the Staff-Management Committee had failed to reach agreement on the implementation date for the new policy that allows staff who joined before 2014 to be able to choose to retire at 65.
As a result of this disagreement, SMC procedures require each side (staff and management) to make submissions to the Secretary-General promoting their respective positions. For memory, staff had argued for 1 January 2017 and management for 1 January 2018.
The joint staff union submission, arguing for 2017, can be read here.
Also attached is a submission concerning another topic on which the SMC failed to find agreement. This related to a proposal from management to allow the outgoing Secretary-General to place his staff anywhere in the UN without oversight or transparency at a time when he has declined to place staff in downsizing entities into safer positions.
We will keep you updated on how this develops.
Act now to protect our Pension Fund | Agissez maintenant pour sauver notre Caisse des pensions
- Published on Thursday, 14 July 2016 16:12
Act Now to protect our pension fund!
- Proposed financial rules remove pension fund from the United Nations and allow outsourcing to banks and hedge funds.
- This is backed by new human resources policy that reduces independence of staff who manage our money and exacerbates climate of fear inside Fund.
- Pension payment delays remain significant despite claims to the contrary.
- To protect our retirement income, unions call on Board members to block new financial rules, on Secretary-General to rescind human resources changes and for the fund to pay new retirees on time.
Election to the Central Review Panel, 20-21 July 2016
- Published on Tuesday, 12 July 2016 12:18
The call for candidates is attached.
4th meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Published on Monday, 06 June 2016 16:28
The Council will meet on Thursday 9 June 2016 at 1:00 pm in Room C.529.
Relevant documents are attached.
3rd meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Published on Wednesday, 04 May 2016 14:39
The Council will meet on Tuesday 10 May 2016 at 1:00 pm in Room C.529.
Relevant documents are attached. (full set of attachments to be added on Friday, 6/5/16)
- On current trends UN pension fund will take 14 months to clear payment backlog | Au rythme actuel, la Caisse des pensions a besoin de 14 mois pour éliminer le retard de paiement
- 2016-2017 Work Programme | Programme de travail
- Children's Spring party | Fête de printemps pour les enfants - 11 May 2016
- Staff-Management Committee
- 2nd meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Flexible workplace strategies in the SHP | Stratégies de gestion souple de l’espace de travail dans le PSP
- Current situation at UNRISD | Situation actuelle à l'UNRISD
- Our statement on proposed open office workspace at recent SHP townhall | Intervention lors de la réunion d'information récente sur l'espace de bureau ouvert proposé
- Sign this petition to resolve problems at our pension fund | Signez cette pétition pour régler les problèmes à la Caisse des pensions
- Long service medal awards ceremony | Cérémonie de remise de médailles pour service prolongé
- Petition to replace the CEO of the UN Pension Fund
- Staff Coordinating Council election results 2015-2016
- How to access mediation to solve conflict in your work unit | La médiation pour résoudre les conflits sur le lieu du travail
- Survey on reforming parental leave for a modern workplace
- Staff unions propose actions to resolve pension fund crisis | Les syndicats du personnel proposent des actions pour résoudre la crise du fonds de pension
- Survey on an implementation date for retirement at 65 | Enquête sur le départ à la retraite à 65
- Réunion du personnel en français sur divers sujets
- Call for Applications - UN Special Deputy Editor | Appel à candidature - Editeur en chef adjoint du UN Special
- New Editor-in-Chief of UN Special | Un nouvel éditeur en chef à la tête de UN special
- Staff meeting on mobility, continuing appointments and your pension | Réunion du personnel sur la mobilité, les contrats continus et la pension