Latest News and Meetings
5th meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Published on Friday, 26 August 2016 16:08
The Council will meet on Tuesday 6 September 2016 at 1:15 pm in Room XXIII.
Relevant documents are attached.
Outcome of townhall on GS career development | Résultats de la Réunion générale sur le développement de carrière pour les agents des services généraux
- Published on Tuesday, 19 July 2016 19:06
Thank you for participating in our townhall on General Service career development. At the meeting, we presented this powerpoint on the results of two surveys of GS staff, once conducted in Geneva, the other globally. This led to a rich and meaningful discussion that provided us with clear direction for going forward. A summary of our meeting follows:
Opt out now from the internal justice tax | Quittez le régime de taxe pour la justice interne
- Published on Monday, 18 July 2016 19:05
Two years ago, staff were asked to contribute a new "justice tax" of 0.05 percent of your salary to help fund the Office of Staff Legal Assistance (OSLA), a body which provides legal advice and representation to staff to contest administrative decisions against them. You are currently paying this through payroll deduction unless you opted out.
Staff position papers on retirement age and placement of Secretary-General's staff | Documents de position sur l’âge de la retraire et le placement du personnel travaillant pour le Secrétaire général
- Published on Friday, 15 July 2016 11:13
In our last broadcast on retirement age we informed you that the Staff-Management Committee had failed to reach agreement on the implementation date for the new policy that allows staff who joined before 2014 to be able to choose to retire at 65.
As a result of this disagreement, SMC procedures require each side (staff and management) to make submissions to the Secretary-General promoting their respective positions. For memory, staff had argued for 1 January 2017 and management for 1 January 2018.
The joint staff union submission, arguing for 2017, can be read here.
Act now to protect our Pension Fund | Agissez maintenant pour sauver notre Caisse des pensions
- Published on Thursday, 14 July 2016 16:12
Act Now to protect our pension fund!
- Proposed financial rules remove pension fund from the United Nations and allow outsourcing to banks and hedge funds.
- This is backed by new human resources policy that reduces independence of staff who manage our money and exacerbates climate of fear inside Fund.
- Pension payment delays remain significant despite claims to the contrary.
- To protect our retirement income, unions call on Board members to block new financial rules, on Secretary-General to rescind human resources changes and for the fund to pay new retirees on time.
- Election to the Central Review Panel, 20-21 July 2016
- Townhall on General Service career development, Friday 8 July | Réunion du personnel sur le développement de carrière pour les services généraux, vendredi 8 juillet
- Photos from the garden party | Photos de la fête champêtre
- Annual staff garden party on Friday 1 July | Fête champêtre du personnel le vendredi 1 juillet
- How will the new office space impact your work and health? | Quel est l'impact du nouvel espace de bureau sur votre travail et santé?
- Agreements at the Staff-Management Committee that affect you, many positively | Accords du Comité Administration-Personnel qui vous touchent, dont plusieurs positivement
- Let's stop sexual exploitation and abuse by staff and peacekeepers | Mettons fin à l’exploitation et aux abus sexuels commis par des fonctionnaires ou des membres des opérations de maintien de la paix
- Tell us what you would like the Staff Council to do | Qu'aimeriez-vous que le Conseil de coordination fasse?
- 4th meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Changes to General Service salaries | Changements de salaire pour les agents des services généraux
- Retirement age | Age de la retraite
- 3rd meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- On current trends UN pension fund will take 14 months to clear payment backlog | Au rythme actuel, la Caisse des pensions a besoin de 14 mois pour éliminer le retard de paiement
- 2016-2017 Work Programme | Programme de travail
- Children's Spring party | Fête de printemps pour les enfants - 11 May 2016
- Staff-Management Committee
- 2nd meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Flexible workplace strategies in the SHP | Stratégies de gestion souple de l’espace de travail dans le PSP
- Current situation at UNRISD | Situation actuelle à l'UNRISD
- Our statement on proposed open office workspace at recent SHP townhall | Intervention lors de la réunion d'information récente sur l'espace de bureau ouvert proposé