Latest News and Meetings
Update on administrative offshoring | Informations mises à jour sur la délocalisation administrative
- Published on Thursday, 17 November 2016 10:33
As you may be aware, the Organization is considering plans to consolidate its administrative services in first six and then two locations globally. Called the Global Service Delivery Model, it is based on the assumption that Umoja works. It could have serious consequences for administrative posts in the duty station.
The reality, of course, is that Umoja is still struggling despite its $1 billion price tag (audit report A/71/180), with some colleagues around the world still waiting months to receive benefits and pay.
For this reason the staff unions have urged caution in how the project should proceed, both to management and Member States, including at the General Assembly last month. We have asked that any decisions be based on a more thorough study of the actual capabilities of Umoja, while also requesting measures to safeguard staff jobs. Many Member States have indicated sympathy with this position.
Keep 9 December free for the staff party | Réservez le 9 décembre pour la fête du personnel
- Published on Tuesday, 15 November 2016 10:31
It's almost that time of year again!
We look forward to welcoming you to the annual staff party on Friday 9 December, organized by the UNOG Staff Coordinating Council.
As usual it promises to be huge, with bands, buffet, national costumes and a global karaoke for you to test your talents. The party will end at 3 a.m.
More information to follow soon.
Entry in force of retirement at 65 | Entrée en vigueur du départ à la retraite à 65 ans
- Published on Tuesday, 15 November 2016 10:30
You will recall that one year ago, following our assiduous efforts, the General Assembly agreed that staff currently required to retire at 60 or 62 would be able to choose to retire at 65 while conserving their acquired rights. It further decided that the entry in force of this arrangement should be latest 1 January 2018.
6th meeting of the 34th Staff C. Council
- Published on Monday, 14 November 2016 12:00
The Council will meet on Tuesday 17 November 2016 at 1:30 pm in Room I.
- Provisional agenda
- Draft minutes of the 5th meeting of the 34th Council
- Ergorama survey results
- Draft budget for the 2016-2017 financial year
International Photo Club Annual Contest | Concours annuel du Club Photo International
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2016 10:29
The International Photo Club is glad to present its annual contest: "The objectives of sustainable development" .
We would like you to share with us your interpretation of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which aim to transform our world.
To find the rules of the contest, please click here.
- UN Running Club | Club de course à pied
- Lunch time concert | Concert à midi
- News from SAFI: Gluten/lactose-free products and 13% discount on 27 October | Nouvelles du SAFI : Produits sans gluten et sans lactose et rabais de 13% le 27 octobre
- Football Club | Club de Football
- Good news: available crèche places | Bonne nouvelles: places de crèche disponibles
- Are you paying too much in rent? Do you know your rights as a tenant?, Votre loyer est-il très élevé? Connaissez-vous vos droits en tant que locataire?
- 6th meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Our statement on the Secretary- General legacy | Notre intervention sur l'héritage du Secrétaire général
- Message from the UNOG Staff Coordinating Council Well-being & Health Club - Message du Conseil de coordination du personnel de l'ONUG Club Santé Bien-être
- Staff meeting on new office space, your post adjustment, and improving flexible working arrangements | Réunion générale sur le nouvel espace de bureau, l'indemnité de poste, et l'amélioration des modalités de travail flexibles
- Meeting for staff who cycle or would like to cycle to work - Tuesday 27 September | Réunion pour les fonctionnaires cyclistes ou qui aimeraient le devenir - Mardi 27 septembre
- Sunday afternoon – Jazz party at the UN Beach restaurant | Dimanche après-midi – Jazz party au Club de la plage ONU
- I move for my health | Je bouge pour ma forme (II)
- Staff meeting on offshoring of administrative jobs from Geneva, our pension fund and Swiss nationality | Réunion générale sur la délocalisation des postes administratifs, la Caisse des pensions et la nationalité suisse
- Come and test electric bikes in the Palais grounds | Venez tester le vélo électrique dans l'enceinte du Palais
- Theatre Club starts again on Tuesday 20 September | Le Club de théâtre reprend ses activités le mardi 20 septembre
- New percussion classes | Nouveaux cours de percussions
- Increases in allowances for General Service staff | Augmentation des allocations pour les agents des services généraux
- Lunch time concert - Philippine Madrigal Singers | Concert à midi « Philippine Madrigal Singers »
- Payment Delays Continue Amid Outsourcing of Investments | Retard de paiement et externalisation des investissements