Latest News and Meetings
4th meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Published on Monday, 06 June 2016 16:28
The Council will meet on Thursday 9 June 2016 at 1:00 pm in Room C.529.
Relevant documents are attached.
3rd meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Published on Wednesday, 04 May 2016 14:39
The Council will meet on Tuesday 10 May 2016 at 1:00 pm in Room C.529.
Relevant documents are attached. (full set of attachments to be added on Friday, 6/5/16)
On current trends UN pension fund will take 14 months to clear payment backlog | Au rythme actuel, la Caisse des pensions a besoin de 14 mois pour éliminer le retard de paiement
- Published on Thursday, 21 April 2016 08:24
As you will know, the unsuccessful application of a new software at the pension fund coupled with no backup plans means newly retiring staff now wait six months before receiving their first pension payment, putting many in financial difficulties.
One month ago, following a petition by the staff unions calling for the fund's CEO to be fired, UN management announced that it would set strict targets to reduce the case backlog. 35% reduction in backlog by end March, 70% by end April and 100% by end May.
Last week the UN intranet reported that the "backlog in payments of pension benefits is being eliminated". It triumphantly cited pension fund statistics that 1,241 cases had been dealt with out of a backlog of 3,400.
Mission accomplished? Not really. The intranet article didn't mention that around 1,000 new cases arrive at the fund each month as people continue to retire. The net drop in the backlog is therefore 241 cases (1,241 - 1,000). This means the backlog was only reduced by 7%, a fifth of the 36% claimed by management. At the same time, staff in the pension fund tell us that the backlog is significantly more than the 3,400 reported as not all staff case files have been logged into their system.
2016-2017 Work Programme | Programme de travail
- Published on Tuesday, 19 April 2016 08:07
The Staff Council agreed to adopt the attached work programme during its second meeting on Thursday 14 April. You may find attached the text of the work programme in English and French.
Children's Spring party | Fête de printemps pour les enfants - 11 May 2016
- Published on Friday, 15 April 2016 15:48
The UNOG Staff Coordinating Council is pleased to organize for its staff member's children, a children’s Spring party, which will take place on Wednesday 11 May 2016 from 1.30 to 5.30 pm.
For instructions and registration forms, please refer to the attached document.
Le Conseil de Coordination des Nations Unies de Genève est heureux d'organiser pour les enfants des employés une fête de printemps qui aura lieu le mercredi 11 mai 2016 de 13h30 à 17h30.
Pour obtenir des instructions et des formulaires d'inscription, veuillez se référer au document ci-joint.
- Staff-Management Committee
- 2nd meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Flexible workplace strategies in the SHP | Stratégies de gestion souple de l’espace de travail dans le PSP
- Current situation at UNRISD | Situation actuelle à l'UNRISD
- Our statement on proposed open office workspace at recent SHP townhall | Intervention lors de la réunion d'information récente sur l'espace de bureau ouvert proposé
- Sign this petition to resolve problems at our pension fund | Signez cette pétition pour régler les problèmes à la Caisse des pensions
- Long service medal awards ceremony | Cérémonie de remise de médailles pour service prolongé
- Petition to replace the CEO of the UN Pension Fund
- Staff Coordinating Council election results 2015-2016
- How to access mediation to solve conflict in your work unit | La médiation pour résoudre les conflits sur le lieu du travail
- Survey on reforming parental leave for a modern workplace
- Staff unions propose actions to resolve pension fund crisis | Les syndicats du personnel proposent des actions pour résoudre la crise du fonds de pension
- Survey on an implementation date for retirement at 65 | Enquête sur le départ à la retraite à 65
- Réunion du personnel en français sur divers sujets
- Call for Applications - UN Special Deputy Editor | Appel à candidature - Editeur en chef adjoint du UN Special
- New Editor-in-Chief of UN Special | Un nouvel éditeur en chef à la tête de UN special
- Staff meeting on mobility, continuing appointments and your pension | Réunion du personnel sur la mobilité, les contrats continus et la pension
- Call to join the UN Football Club | Appel à rejoindre le Club de football de l'ONU
- [Reconvened] Ordinary General Assembly of Staff - Thursday 4 February 2016
- Staff meeting this Friday on retirement age, office space and education grant | Réunion du personnel ce vendredi sur l'âge de la retraite, l'espace de bureau et l'indemnité pour frais d'études