Latest News and Meetings
Good news: available crèche places | Bonne nouvelles: places de crèche disponibles
- Published on Wednesday, 19 October 2016 09:48
Many of you have contacted the Staff Council to inform us of your difficulties in finding a creche place in the Geneva area.
Mindful of this situation, the Council is happy to inform you that they have managed to negotiate several places for UN staff in the creche Babilou which is situated 10 minutes from Geneva in Mies.
Information on the creche can be found in this link.
6th meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- Published on Tuesday, 04 October 2016 09:05
The Council will meet on Tuesday 11 October 2016 at 1:15 pm in Room IX.
Relevant documents are attached.
Our statement on the Secretary- General legacy | Notre intervention sur l'héritage du Secrétaire général
- Published on Tuesday, 04 October 2016 08:47
On Monday morning the Secretary-General addressed the staff, extolling his achievements, including with Umoja and mobility.
Please find here our reply statement made at the townhall. While recognizing the organization's achievements, it covers his legacy, including difficulties resulting from Umoja, the offshoring of administrative jobs, the challenges created by the new mobility policy and the poorly designed renovations of the Palais des Nations.
This comes as the Secretary-General has made proposals to the General Assembly, without consulting staff representatives, that would lead to more retirees being rehired to do the work of staff, greater use of temporary contracts and changes to the mobility policy that will restrict the ability of staff to get promoted. Our letter to the Secretary-General is here.
We thank you for the positive feedback we received following the Townhall.
Message from the UNOG Staff Coordinating Council Well-being & Health Club - Message du Conseil de coordination du personnel de l'ONUG Club Santé Bien-être
- Published on Friday, 30 September 2016 09:54
With the start of Autumn, let's stick to our resolutions from last year and take care of our well-being through the practice of one or more activities offered by the United Nations Well-being & Health Club (le Club Santé Bien-être).
In addition to Pilates classes, you can exercise your joints, pursue correct posture through Postural Stretching, strengthen muscles, better manage stress and develop creative potential with Sophrology and Music Therapy.
To answer growing demand, we have opened a new course in Sophrology on Thursdays from 1.30 p.m. to 2.15 p.m. (only for beginners). A new Pilates exercise class can also be held on Tuesdays at 5.00 p.m., depending on demand.
Staff meeting on new office space, your post adjustment, and improving flexible working arrangements | Réunion générale sur le nouvel espace de bureau, l'indemnité de poste, et l'amélioration des modalités de travail flexibles
- Published on Tuesday, 27 September 2016 09:52
Thank you for attending our last townhall. We have a number of new and important issues to discuss with you.
Professional staff will shortly be asked to complete a survey on their spending patterns. This will determine the level of post adjustment, which accounts for almost half your salary. What should you know before you fill this in? What are the traps to avoid?
Flexible working arrangements
The current policy entered into force in 2003. Is it still relevant in this IT age? Can it be improved?
This will lead to big changes to the location of facilities and the configuration of office space, not necessarily in your favour. We will discuss how we should confront this and what the staff council has already been doing.
The staff meeting will take place on Thursday 29 September, at 1.30 p.m. in Room XI (3rd floor of the old building). We look forward to seeing you there.
- Meeting for staff who cycle or would like to cycle to work - Tuesday 27 September | Réunion pour les fonctionnaires cyclistes ou qui aimeraient le devenir - Mardi 27 septembre
- Sunday afternoon – Jazz party at the UN Beach restaurant | Dimanche après-midi – Jazz party au Club de la plage ONU
- I move for my health | Je bouge pour ma forme (II)
- Staff meeting on offshoring of administrative jobs from Geneva, our pension fund and Swiss nationality | Réunion générale sur la délocalisation des postes administratifs, la Caisse des pensions et la nationalité suisse
- Come and test electric bikes in the Palais grounds | Venez tester le vélo électrique dans l'enceinte du Palais
- Theatre Club starts again on Tuesday 20 September | Le Club de théâtre reprend ses activités le mardi 20 septembre
- New percussion classes | Nouveaux cours de percussions
- Increases in allowances for General Service staff | Augmentation des allocations pour les agents des services généraux
- Lunch time concert - Philippine Madrigal Singers | Concert à midi « Philippine Madrigal Singers »
- Payment Delays Continue Amid Outsourcing of Investments | Retard de paiement et externalisation des investissements
- 5th meeting of the 34th Staff Council
- UNOG Volleyball Club is looking for players | Le Club de volleyball de l'ONUG à la recherche de joueurs
- Outcome of townhall on GS career development | Résultats de la Réunion générale sur le développement de carrière pour les agents des services généraux
- Opt out now from the internal justice tax | Quittez le régime de taxe pour la justice interne
- Staff position papers on retirement age and placement of Secretary-General's staff | Documents de position sur l’âge de la retraire et le placement du personnel travaillant pour le Secrétaire général
- Act now to protect our Pension Fund | Agissez maintenant pour sauver notre Caisse des pensions
- Election to the Central Review Panel, 20-21 July 2016
- Townhall on General Service career development, Friday 8 July | Réunion du personnel sur le développement de carrière pour les services généraux, vendredi 8 juillet
- Photos from the garden party | Photos de la fête champêtre
- Annual staff garden party on Friday 1 July | Fête champêtre du personnel le vendredi 1 juillet