Council elects new office holders
- Published on Tuesday, 08 March 2011 16:28
At its first meeting held on 8 March 2011, the Coordinating Council elected its presiding officers and the Executive Bureau as follows:
Ian Richards (President)
Jean-Claude Mporamazina (Vice-President)
Ridha Zargouni (Executive Secretary)
Mohamed Chiraz Baly (Deputy Executive Secretary)*
Members of the Bureau:
2010-2011 audited accounts of the Council now online
- Published on Thursday, 17 February 2011 08:57
We are pleased to inform you that the audited accounts of the Staff Coordinating Council for the financial year ending 15 January 2011 are now available and can be accessed here. We thank the Finance and Audit commissions for their hard work these past few weeks. As you will note, the biggest increase in expenditure was in legal and solidarity aid, while costs for the children's and staff parties decreased as did official travel costs.
Council makes referendum proposal to change mandate duration and election dates
- Published on Sunday, 13 February 2011 20:11
Meeting on 19 January, the Coordinating Council voted to put to referendum an amendment to its rules that would allow the next Council a two-year mandate and for Council elections to take place in the first half of March instead of the second half of February.
Council meets with UN HR Chief Catherine Pollard
- Published on Saturday, 12 February 2011 08:36
The Council met Friday with Assistant Secretary-General of Human Resources Management, Catherine Pollard.
The meeting covered a wide range of issues. These included those connected with the recent human resources resolution of the General Assembly, such as the implementation of continuing appointments, five-year fixed term appointments and career development and mobility.
Registration open for the Inter-Agency Games
- Published on Friday, 11 February 2011 10:19
Registration is now open for the 38th Inter-Agency Games 2011 (IAG 2011), which take place from 13 to 17 April 2011 in the Traunsee region of Austria and organized by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
We wish you the best of luck!
A creche within 24 months
- Published on Thursday, 03 February 2011 08:34
The Council publishes today a report on the investigations its has carried out with the view of creating a UN creche. The report examines the demand among current and future parents for such a facility and investigates the resources available.
The report is available here.
- UNCTAD staff reps and management promote flexible working arrangements
- Council publishes annual attendance record of its members
- Annual report sets out Council's key achievements in the last year
- General Assembly agrees continuing appointments as of 2011
- Photos of the staff party
- Council names representatives to the UN Special Editorial Board