We are organizing a special townhall on Wednesday 9 November at 1.45 p.m. in Room 12.
- Do you wish to contest a decision made against you by the Organization or do you need legal advice?
- Are you a victim of harassment?
- Are you looking for an informal way to resolve problems in the office?
- Or are you simply curious to know more about the new internal system of justice at the United Nations and whether it is useful to you?
Since 2009, the Organization has set up a new system of internal justice. It is composed of a tribunal with judges, where you can formally contest administrative decisions made against you, and the Ombudsman, who can undertake informal mediation. Also established is a service to provide free advice and legal representation to staff.
We will explain this system to you and its results to-date.
Presenting at this event and answering your questions will be:
- Mr. Louis Germain, Geneva Ombudsman;
- Ms. Anne Coutin, Acting Registrar of the United Nations Dispute Tribunal in Geneva; and
- Ms. Amal Oummih, Office of Staff Legal Assistance in Geneva.